Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Mahabaleshwar-A rugged beauty...

11 of us friends went on a tour of Mahabaleshwar (120 km from Pune) and while the memories are fresh, I would have to write few more posts on this great trip. To sum it up, here was a comment from Parthiban (to the group) on the trip-"Defer your marriages. We can have more of this for a longer time. (Thathuvam of the day ;-)))))"

I am hard-pressed for time right now, so this will take time; but before I forget, let me quickly list down things I need to record, more on them later.
1. The bus journey between Mahabaleshwar and Pune and dumbcharades (esp. the special movie enacted by Muruganandam:))
2. The hotel that sucked big time-Bharat Hotel, Mahabaleshwar.
3. MTDC-An unexpected surprise (esp. their canteen and Dosa:)
4. The great trekking expedition and songs on the way.
5. Strawberry gardens and Fresh Strawberry cream icecream.
6. Midnight walk to the market (some 3 km from our hotel)
7. Night of jokes and carefree arattai.
8. The mad scrambling for Dosas and Uthappam at the canteen reminding me of hostel days.
9. Meditating at the edge of a cliff and then breaking loose on the packed lunch.
10.Amazing views (this I am not sure if words can capture, since even the photographs weren't sufficient in espousing).
11.Roaming aimlessly on the streets of Pune
12.Anbazhagan's Birthday bash at 12am enroute Hyderabad.

I will load some great pics in the next post.

3 comments:

  1. This is the only time I feel bad for not being born as a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey infact that is exactly what I was discussing with Parthiban on that midnight walk:). He was suggesting that girls dont enjoy this type of "adventures", and I reminded him of the fact that they are not "allowed" to have such adventures safely in our country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. U r absolutely right. Its not that we don't enjoy! We simply aren't allowed. And even if we r allowed, they send a guy with us to look after us as a spoilsport :-((((((((((((((((

    ReplyDelete