Thursday, February 17, 2005

Redmond....

I was fortunate enough to be sent over to Redmond by Microsoft for three whole months to undergo training. These three months were definitely an experience I would cherish for a lifetime, not just because this was my first foreign trip or because the place was "so cool", but more because I was there with a set of very close friends, an opportunity that few people being sent "offshore" get. We had so much fun there the term weekend itself has acquired a special meaning for most of us:)

And while I was there, I used to write mails to myself describing the experiences at the place, starting from the flight, to the food, places we visited etc. I couldn't complete it there. I will try to do that here. From now on I will post our experiences under different headings.

I wanted to do this earlier, but didn't get the bandwidth to do it. I will delay this no longer....

1 comment:

  1. Heyy!!..

    Read ur postings!!....
    Interesting description of ur 3 month stay!!..
    Especially the car-getting-stuck thing!!!.... lol!!.. Cn imagine ur plight!!...
    And yeaa... ur description of the Microsoft work environment n all soo true n same even now!!... I was also pleased to see that they dont hav the concept of cubicles n rather hav a cabin for a person.. that is soo neat!!! :) ... n guess wat i checked out the microsoft surface and xbox!!.. hehe!!... it was fun!!

    Luv
    Aarti.

    ReplyDelete