Monday, January 31, 2005

Just a passing thought

Today I had an interesting chat with a friend I havent met for quite some time. All his friends know him as a silent, composed person who keeps his deepest feelings and thoughts to himself but is always cheerful with friends. He has just joined a very good company (lets call it L) after a long and difficult time. So as is usual with anyone, I started off asking "How is life at L?" and he asked "What do you expect as an answer". I told him "Honestly I am not 'expecting' anything...so go on and tell me whatever your answer is..

Then he asked "Is it life at L or L in life? I feel it is the other way round...isnt it?" For a second I didn't understand him...then it struck me..it was like an "Aha reaction...":). Most of us limit our (and others') lives to the mere circumstances and work that we do at that moment. But life is bigger than that...to realise that life is bigger than Microsoft itself was a big realisation for me personally:).



I am not going to conclude this entry with my judgements like I generally do.....I leave it to you to decide for yourself how you want to interpret this one...

2 comments:

  1. Will somebody plz tell me what the "aha" effect is? I think I read it once in some other blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharma, will you be surprised if I call that guy Mr.H? Hey, dont always use the first letters for anonymity yaar. Give others also a chance.

    ReplyDelete