Monday, December 13, 2004

Yun Hi Chala Chal Rahi.....

This song has captured my imagination recently as I listen to it in repeat mode endlessly. ARR is definitely my favourite music director and Javed Aktar my favorite lyricist in Hindi. When the two combine they seem to have some strange chemistry which creates a rendering that sings directly to the heart!!



What I like most about the song is the enthusiasm and optimism bubbling at every word and every beat...."Kitni Hasin hai Duniyaa....", "Badi Rangeen Hai yeh Duniya"-which translate to something like..How beautiful this world is and "Nadiyan pahad jheel...inmae hain kiske isharae". The song is set to address a traveller...drawing analogies to the journey of life where the traveller enjoys every bit of it, the freedom it gives to explore, the excitement of the unknown, the strangers he is yet to meet who become a part of his life....I am reminded of Godfather where Corleone dies with the words "Life is beautiful" and Michael wonders how amazing this man is to say that life is beautiful after so much of hardships and trouble. He is the eternal traveller, never growing old or weary, ever facing life like a child with unpolluted ambitions.



I have a very bad habit of listening keenly to the lyrics of any song that I come across inspite of the blaring music nowadays that tries its best to keep it suppressed and this one has kept me more than satisfied with the lyrics.



AR Rahman is one director who I think has a feel for the lyrics and sets the music in such a way as to give exactly the same effect that the lyricist envisaged though there are definitely instances where I have found immense difficulty in hearing the lyrics in some of his numbers. But the ones that click are immensely soothing and convey the tone undiluted. Who can forget "Chale Chalo.." from Lagaan!!



I am really waiting eagerly to see Sharukh fill the screen to make a perfect combination of the best of three worlds-Music, Lyrics and Acting.



Seven and half minutes of magic;)

4 comments:

  1. Its true that the lyrics of Javed Akhtar, music or Rehman & the bubbling enthusiasm of Sharukh brings in magic.
    I listen to songs but not a very keen observer of lyrics. And this particular song, I have seen many times - but only after reading this, I feel, to how much I dint pay attention to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. However silly it may sound, it is my kind request that don't pronounce Rahman as Rehman. It is Allah Rakha Rahman. (God protects Rahman)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry psv, I understand the sentiments..I have corrected the name in my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the noise, why can't it be Allah Rakha Rehman (God protects Rehman)? proper noun na?

    ReplyDelete